Re: bluetooth off state not remembered accross reboots?

On Sat, 10 Oct 2009, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On sam, 2009-10-10 at 13:49 -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > Do note that when thinkpad-acpi switches bluetoot off, it *disappears* from
> > the bus (so, lsusb won't find it, etc).

It appears I was not clear enough... when thinkpad-acpi disables bluetooth,
for all intents and purposes, your computer *ceases to have bluetooth
hardware* as far as the rest of the Linux kernel knows.

So, the bluetooth core is not able to "reenable" bluetooth.

> > If bluetooth is still present in the bus, but the bluetooth interface is
> > down, then your problem is not related directly or indirectly to
> > thinkpad-acpi.
>
> In fact, I check with the bluetooth LED state.

Do it with lsusb (run it as root), instead.

> > Now, if the bluetooth state persistence used to work on your thinkpad and it
> > doesn't work anymore, then the problem is likely in userspace.
>
> In fact, I watched the LED accross the boot, and it lights on when the
> following is displayed:
>
> [   19.441103] Bluetooth: Core ver 2.15
> [   19.451982] Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized
> [   19.456402] Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized
> [   19.497216] Bluetooth: Generic Bluetooth USB driver ver 0.5

So the LED lights on when it is activated, and therefore doesn't help much.

Please do the testing I asked you to.  If you don't want to recompile the
kernel, do it without recompiling, it might give us enough information to
know what is happening even if thinkpad-acpi is not compiled in verbose
debug mode.

  Henrique Holschuh