Re: Ericsson F3507g cdc_acm broken with 2.6.30

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 12:35:05AM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> > > In the meantime I've rebooted as well as hibernated the laptop a few more
> > > times, and I can't seem to establish a clear pattern by which wwan_enable
> > > gets set or unset, because it unset itself at least twice since, without
> > > me using the physical switch.
> >
> > It will be unset if something messes with the rfkill state, or if the
> > firmware does something weird, which it just might if you press fn+f5 while
> > the OS didn't come up yet :p
> >
> > And there is always the possibility of a thinkpad-acpi bug.
>
> Hmm. I should mention that I dual boot with Windows sometimes, and in fact
> it's currently completely broken in there - Fn+F5 doesn't even show it (it
> shows the other two functions) and my Vodafone program can't turn it on.
> I tried leaving it on in Linux and then booting into Windows, to no avail.

I just booted into Linux again, it restored itself fine from hibernation,
but now I get a new symptom:

% cat /sys/devices/platform/thinkpad_acpi/wwan_enable
0
% sudo sh -c 'echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/thinkpad_acpi/wwan_enable'
sh: line 0: echo: write error: Operation not permitted

I need to recompile my kernel with thinkpad_acpi a module...

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.