Re: Fn+F5 not doing anything on T61 even when handled by firmware?

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> I'm running 2.6.29 on a T61. The recommended mask generates an input
> event when I hit Fn+F5[1]. If I then change the mask to hand Fn+F5 back
> to firmware control, I no longer get an event. However, the firmware
> doesn't toggle the bluetooth or wlan state. The physical kill switch on
> the front of the laptop does toggle the state. Is this expected
> behaviour?

I have no idea why it is not messing with bluetooth.  Wlan is not
expected to be handled by the firmware since the T2x or thereabouts,
bluetooth and wwan, however, are.  That doesn't mean it will do anything
on a T61 though.  In Windows it is also handled by the O.S.

> [1] But generates KEY_WLAN, which means that rfkill-input won't do
> anything with the bluetooth or wwan radios. Presumably there should be a
> KEY_RFKILL_ALL to complement SW_RFKILL_ALL?

I will ask for a new set of keys for rfkill-input handling (an all, and
a cycle), but with the rfkill rewrite in the way, it is best to wait
until that one is done, first.

  Henrique Holschuh