Re: Blueotooth not available anymore

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Feb 2009, Christoph wrote:
> > Might be a little OT, but maybe someone here has a tip.
> >
> > My thinkpad X61 had working bluetooth. Then I did something that broke
> > it. I can't really say what I did, since I don't use bluetooth regularly, but I am still using the same kernel.
> > There is no /proc/acpi/ibm/bluetooth anymore. I set the bios to factory-defaults,
> > but that didn't help either.

> > > thinkpad_acpi: ibm_init: probing for bluetooth
> > > thinkpad_acpi: bluetooth_init: initializing bluetooth subdriver
> > > thinkpad_acpi: drv_acpi_handle_init: trying to locate ACPI handle for hkey
> > > thinkpad_acpi: drv_acpi_handle_init: Found ACPI handle HKEY for hkey
> > > thinkpad_acpi: bluetooth_init: bluetooth is supported, status 0x04
> > > thinkpad_acpi: bluetooth_init: bluetooth hardware not installed
>
> Go to the BIOS setup screen, find the "bluetooth" option, or "internal
> radios" or whatever it is called nowadays, and enable it :-)  It is probably
> set to "hidden".

And yes, I mean it, even if you tried kicking it to "factory defaults".

If that fails, and you are completely sure you didn't shake your notebook so
hard so as to unplug the CDC daughter card, you may need to do a full CMOS
erase.

Refer to the maintenance manual for your thinkpad to find the full CMOS
NVRAM erase procedure, often one has to unplug an extra battery to do it.

  Henrique Holschuh