Re: Brightness control stopped working in 2.6.26

On Fri, 01 Aug 2008, Miloslav Semler wrote:
> in single mode:
> acpid stopped, hal+dbus stopped
>     => brightness working ok
> hal,dbus,acpi runnig
>     => brightness working ok
> I both cases video output switching was not working.
> when I rebooted to normal mode (x.org), situation was same as usually. I
> stopped acpid, it works almost OK (exclude display  switching).

So it is an userspace configuration issue.  Something is hooked to acpid
that is completely screwed up.  Time to complain to your distro, I think.
Note that it might not be the acpid configuration itself, I believe you can
ask acpid to forward ACPI events to HAL...  so you might want to try acpid
without HAL to pinpoint it.

> So I added to events.ignore: video.*, started acpid and almost OK
> (exclude display  switching). However display switching has not  worked
> never. I may try to solve it, but it is marginal problem.

Display switching using thinkpad-acpi is extremely UNLIKELY to work on any
new thinkpad.  You have to use X.org and randr 1.2/1.3 for that.

  Henrique Holschuh