Re: bluetooth button does not work

On Wed, 2008-05-14 at 13:34 -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Wed, 14 May 2008 14:21:15 +0200, "Thomas Renninger" <trenn@xxxxxxx> said:
> > Shouldn't the thinkpad driver do this automatically?

> I HEAVILY suggest not messing with ANYTHING related to rfkill until my changes
> get in mainline, or we could risk the backlight crap all again.
11.0 is on the way, we will stick to 2.6.25.
> It is sufficient to say that almost NOTHING in mainline is
> using rfkill correctly, so please don't try to make it work using
> userspace workarounds yet.  Let's fix this properly before it bites us in the arse.
> PLEASE be patient for this.
If there is no other way, we need to add quick userspace fixes, but I
got it -> we'll try to avoid this.
> If you're interested in helping, the
> first bunch of patches is not more than a week away from hitting LKML,
> and I can explicitly CC any of you that asks me to in a reply :-)
Please add me :)
I try to help, at least with testing.
> The design for the rfkill changes was debated on LKML in a somewhat
> long thread, if you want to get up to speed on the issues.
> Look for it on the last two month's archives.
Thanks a lot!
I wonder how this should work to also get other drivers using it and
backport all this for 2.6.25. Let's see..., I am looking forward to have
a look at the patches.

> Thanks for contacting me before trying to work around the current
>  thinkpad-acpi rfkill issues in userspace. I *really* appreciate it.
Wow, be careful giving out too much info or I keep contacting you all
the time :)
Thanks for all the info, this really helps a lot.

   Thomas