Re: ThinkPad X61 backlight brightness glitches

Henrique, thank you for your speedy and informative reply.

I wrote
>       - acpi_video1 works well, except that levels 0-19 are no-ops

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh replied:
> Lenovo BIOS bug, you can (and should!) open a technical support
> request with them, complaining about it.  But make sure you tested it
> with the latest BIOS available for your thinkpad, first.

Yes, I already have the latest BIOS for my model: 7NET29WW (1.10).

I'm happy to open a tech support request with Lenovo.  Do you have a
suggested description of the issue?  How should I present this so that
it will not simply be dismissed as an issue with unsupported software
that is not Lenovo's responsibility?

Regarding the other glitches, Henrique wrote:
> They are known kernel ACPI video.c bugs, which are going to be fixed.

OK, that's good to know.  Sounds like for now my best strategy is to add
"blacklist video" and "options thinkpad_acpi brightness_enable=1" to my
modules configuration.  I'll work on chasing down any other glitches
within that configuration only.

Thanks again!