Re: thinkpad-acpi release 0.16-20070922 uploaded to ibm-acpi.sf.net

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007, Michael Olbrich wrote:
> > Please increase hotkey_poll_freq, and tell me at which point it stops losing
> > events.  It defaults to 4Hz, which apparently is too low.  10Hz should do it
> > (it is what thinkpad-keys use), but if we can take it lower...
>
> It looses events with anything less than 10Hz

Ok. I bumped it up to 10Hz by default, then.

> > I will change the code to send brightness events on the extremes, too.
> > Volume needs that change as well.
>
> So the behaviour will be identical with or without NVRAM polling?

Yes.  But I found some bugs, it will be better in the next version, which I
hope I will be able to send in the next 10h.

> > > After pressing the sleep key (Fn-F4) and receiving the event I need to
> > > wait some time (>1min I think) before it works again. The same for
> > > suspend (Fn-F12). This problem also existed in version 0.15-20070723.
> >
> > This is the firmware's doing, so I'd say it is the expected behaviour.
>
> And nothing can be done to change that?

I don't think you should, actually.  It is there to avoid a double suspend,
which would be very bad.

  Henrique Holschuh