Re: T30 bluetooth regression 2.6.20 -> 2.6.22

On Thu, 2007-08-02 at 23:49 -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Thu, 02 Aug 2007, Jeremy Jackson wrote:
> > Is there an acpi table patch I should be (creating and) appliying, for a
> > cleaner fix?
>
> You can get the DSDTs from the *latest* T42 BIOS or T43 BIOS, compare it
> with your T30, and try to enhance the T30's.
>
> Be *very* conservative while doing it, one small step at a time.  Maybe that
> could give you all the hotkeys a T43 has, for example ;-)  Depends on the EC
> firmware, really.

Ok, I've compared 2.6.20 vs 2.6.22, and there is an added test for the
bluetooth capability reported by ACPI DSDT... it now checks for module
present/enabled/unknown problem status.... and the T30 doesn't recognize
the Bluetooth III module I have "hacked" into the system.  It prints a
warning at bootup, "more than one ethernet device present, remove and
restart", and waits until I hit Escape to continue.

So my problem really is, that my hardware/BIOS combination is broken,
and thinkpad_acpi just recently started checking that.

I was able to patch my DSDT, forcing bluetooth to "installed, disabled"
status unconditionally, causing thinkpad_acpi to create the sysfs
file /sys/devices/platform/thinkpad_acpi/bluetooth_enable and after
"echo 1 > bluetooth_enable", everything works like before.

Seeing as this is a hacked setup, I think it's best that I post the DSDT
patch to Thinkwiki.org, as there are other BIOS hacks/mods there for
think kind of thing, installing "unauthorized" wifi modules and such.

Thanks for the great work cleaning up Thinkpad's hardware support!

Regards,

Jeremy Jackson