Re: [Thinkpad] 600X and s2ram

On Mon, 6 Aug 2007, Steven wrote:

> On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 11:13:54 -0500, chris-9JumraYisOzk1uMJSBkQmQ wrote:
>
>> Using Fedora and CentOS on the 600X, suspend and resume works except for
>
> Are you suspending from a shell prompt or using a GUI menu?  I'm
> skeptical that you're successfully using s2ram (suspend/sleep) but, if
> you're truly making use of the s2ram, I'd like to figure out how the
> video controller is properly reinitialized.  Does the green sleep LED
> (next to the power LED) come on while you're suspended?  If not then it's
> a s2disk (suspend/hibernate).

Either closing the lid, or using the menu option. The green sleep LED is
lit during suspend. The machine does not boot and resume as it would for
hibernation.

>> The next kernel (6.something.23) should have a fix for sound, as long as
>> it wasn't playing before the suspend.
>
> If you're having trouble with the sound after resume then remove the
> snd_cs46xx module and reload it.  Most distributions allow for a
> customizable set of actions prior to suspend and after resuming.  I'm
> using a daily git kernel and sound works after hibernation but only after
> cycling the kernel module out and in.

The sound module will not unload because Gnome desktop holds it open for
sound events. I can log out, go to a text console, log in, remove and
reload the sound module, switch back to GUI and log in, but that's not
much of a resumption of my previous tasks.

Chris