Re: 600X and s2ram

On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 11:13:54 -0500, chris-9JumraYisOzk1uMJSBkQmQ wrote:

> Using Fedora and CentOS on the 600X, suspend and resume works except for

Are you suspending from a shell prompt or using a GUI menu?  I'm
skeptical that you're successfully using s2ram (suspend/sleep) but, if
you're truly making use of the s2ram, I'd like to figure out how the
video controller is properly reinitialized.  Does the green sleep LED
(next to the power LED) come on while you're suspended?  If not then it's
a s2disk (suspend/hibernate).

> The next kernel (6.something.23) should have a fix for sound, as long as
> it wasn't playing before the suspend.

If you're having trouble with the sound after resume then remove the
snd_cs46xx module and reload it.  Most distributions allow for a
customizable set of actions prior to suspend and after resuming.  I'm
using a daily git kernel and sound works after hibernation but only after
cycling the kernel module out and in.