Re: ACPI: thinkpad-acpi: make the input event mode the default

On 7/15/07, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Jul 2007, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> >
> > Having checked other drivers, it looks like KEY_SWITCHVIDEOMODE is the
> > one used for video toggling. If that's not actually how people are using
> > it, we need to fix that - if it is, I'd just go for it.
>
> This looks like a breakage warning to me.  Better decide once and for all
> what this keycode is supposed to do, and document it.  Because switching
> video mode is not "switch video output mode", and can easily be confused
> with "switch screen resolution", "switch video mode between expanded and
> normal" or whatever.

I will add a comment to input.h to the effect that KEY_SWITCHVIDEOMODE
is to switch between available outputs (LCD/Monitor/TV-Out/Whatnot).
Right now couple of RCs are using it for different purposes (cycling
through inputs I think) so we should do somethig about these.

--
Dmitry