Re: [ltp] CALL FOR TESTING: thinkpad-acpi BETA release 0.14-20070708

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Jul 2007, Jon Escombe wrote:
>> Tested on a Lenovo T60, BIOS version 79ET67WW (1.11 )
>
> Ah, old BIOS style. Let's see what happens.
>
>> Input events show up for the following keys -
>>   brightness up/down
>>   coffee
>>   sleep
>>   suspend
>>   vendor
>>   zoom
>>   wireless slider (code 3, value 0/1)
>>
>> Input events for the other FN keys all show as EV_KEY null, which got me
>> wondering how to enable my bluetooth radio (without disabling hotkeys)?
>> Fn-F5 combination doesn't seem to output any ACPI events, so not sure
>> what's looking out for it normally?
>
> It is supposed to be issuing KEY_WLAN.  You can remap it to anything you
> want using input-kbd from input-utils.

Ah ok, input-kbd gives me the following. 238 looks like it should be
KEY_WLAN, so perhaps something in my config isn't new enough to
recognise it?

0x0000 = 466  # ???
0x0001 = 152  # KEY_COFFEE
0x0002 = 236  # ???
0x0003 = 142  # KEY_SLEEP
0x0004 = 238  # ???
0x0005 = 471  # ???
0x0006 = 472  # ???
0x0007 = 473  # ???
0x0008 = 474  # ???
0x0009 = 475  # ???
0x000a = 476  # ???
0x000b = 205  # KEY_SUSPEND
0x000c = 240  # KEY_UNKNOWN
0x000d = 240  # KEY_UNKNOWN
0x000e = 240  # KEY_UNKNOWN
0x000f = 225  # KEY_BRIGHTNESSUP
0x0010 = 224  # KEY_BRIGHTNESSDOWN
0x0012 = 240  # KEY_UNKNOWN
0x0013 = 372  # KEY_ZOOM
0x0017 = 360  # KEY_VENDOR
0x0018 = 240  # KEY_UNKNOWN
0x0019 = 240  # KEY_UNKNOWN
0x001a = 240  # KEY_UNKNOWN
0x001b = 240  # KEY_UNKNOWN
0x001c = 240  # KEY_UNKNOWN
0x001d = 240  # KEY_UNKNOWN
0x001e = 240  # KEY_UNKNOWN

> What is the hotkey_mask and hotkey_recommended_mask the driver is giving you
> (in sysfs) ?

Both are 0x008dffff

> Also, is the wireless slider working fine?  Does it report the events
> properly (1 for slider in radios ON, 0 for slider in radios OFF)?  Does the
> sysfs attribute work right?

Yes, it's reporting 1 for on and 0 for off

>> Having an old BIOS, I was expecting to need to fiddle with
>> brightness_mode, but this didn't appear to be the case. My brightness
>> and volume keys don't generate ACPI events, so I'm assuming they work at
>> the hardware level.
>
> Try using the sysfs interface to control brightness. If it works, fine. If
> it doesn't, it means you need brightness_mode=3 (drop me a note in this
> case).

Works fine using the proc interface, I don't see an equivalent file
under sysfs?

Regards,
Jon.