Re: /proc/acpi/ibm/volume broken on X20 since 2.6.22

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007, Andreas Messer wrote:
> at, first, I'm not subscribing ibm-acpi-devel, so CC me, if you want me

This ML follows the LKML convention of always CCing people, so no worries.

> to answer. I'm not sure, this to be the right place for my bug report,

Yes, it is exactly the right place for bug reports against ibm-acpi or
thinkpad-acpi.

> but i think so. Up to Kernel 2.6.21 thinkpad-acpi was working fine on my
> TP X20. Now, since 2.6.22 setting the volume seems to be broken:
> "echo -n mute >/proc/acpi/ibm/volume" leads to an I/O-Error. Doing

Weird.  Please start thinkpad-acpi with the "debug=0xffff" parameter, and
send me the output you will get when you modprobe it with that parameter,
and also of what happens when you do the echo command...

> "echo 2 >/sys/.../cmos_command" and got the same error message. Ok, that
> was all, I want to tell you.

Is anything in procfs working for you? Please test them all.

  Henrique Holschuh