Re: [ltp] ibm-acpi ThinkPad X60 brightness support problems

Hi!

On 01.01.2007, 12:21 -0200 Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

> > > 	1. Fn+Home/fn+End *do* work, but tpb, KDE and other similar
> > > 	"ThinkPad CMOS snooping" things don't report Fn+Home (brightness up)
> > > 	anymore.
> >
> > Not sure about that one... well, see below.
>
> Can you get the ThinkPad to increase brightness using the keyboard in Linux?

The "not sure about that one" was referring to "ThinkPad CMOS snooping"
stopped working. Sorry about the confusion. The brightness keys still
work as before (at least in the console), just Fn+Home turns off the
screen.

I also just started tpb and it works as before. So this did not break.

> But here's something I expect might shed light on the issue: Video FOO 0x86
> is trapped, and acted upon by the standard generic ACPI video module!
> Please disable it (remove video.o module, or recompile kernel without
> ACPI_VIDEO), and tell me what happens :-)

Hey, yeah, that fixed it! I unloaded the generic ACPI video module and
the screen no longer goes dark when pressing Fn+Home. Everything else
still seems to work...

Thanks, that is a good workaround until the issue is fixed.

--
  Michael Reinsch <mr@xxxxxxx>                      http://mr.uue.org/