Re: Assign BAR address for pci device after hotplug

On Tue, Aug 09, 2016 at 05:26:12PM -0700, divakar wrote:
> I don't doubt the truth in your comments about the HW.
> Unfortunately i have to work with the HW  i have and i am trying to find
> the best possible way to do this. I can certainly provide feedback for
> the next product/design based on the learnings from the current one.
> At this point these cards are not expected to be plugged into different
> machine. So based on your statements if i can fake it i will take that
> path as a starter. Is there a writeup/documentation/eg which i can
> follow to understand the required steps? for now i have started looking
> at /drivers/pci/hotplug/* .

Nope, you are on your own, and get to keep the pieces of your kernel
when things blow up...

Please realize that you have already spent more money on this than it
would have cost to buy "real" hardware that will solve these issues for
you automatically :(

greg k-h