Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: How to determine which device crashes udev in boot?

Greg K-H replied to me:
[...]
> No, usb serial usually does not work for capturing oops messages because
> the kernel crashes and USB needs interrupts to be running properly to
> deliver data.

It's a notebook PC and doesn't have a real serial port.

It does have a real PCMCIA slot, which will be the subject of a new thread.

> As you know what kernel drivers are needed for this hardware (it works
> in 64bit mode), just load them by hand, one by one, in 32bit mode and
> see what one dies.

All modprobes succeeded.  A new thread will discuss the problem.

I still never figured out how to make udev ignore a device.  Of course
I see debugging options (which didn't help) and options to ignore
devices that have certain attributes or properties, but never got the
syntax right to ignore the PCMCIA slot or bridge.  For the moment I no
longer need to know, but if there's a tutorial somewhere please say.