Re: Clarification regarding USB Data Card (Dongle) enumeration in Linux udev

Dear Greg,

Data Card here refers to 3G Dongle.

Yes, it is right; device enumeration depends on the device itself.
But, there must be some guideline defined regarding the same.

As per the link (http://www.linux-usb.org/usb.devices.txt) USB device
cannot be enumerated as Network controllers, please correct me if
something has been overlooked.

Would all 3G Dongle devices be enumerated as "ACM USB modems"?

Warm Regards,
Suresh