RE:

thx

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Gundersen [mailto:teg@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 2013年4月26日 15:01
To: snowyxx
Cc: linux-hotplug
Subject: Re:

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 5:32 AM, snowyxx <snowyxx@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have some machines with 8 net interfaces, I want to name one as
> eth0, I need a solution to work for all machine ( I will clone OS from
> one to others), so I could not just modify the rule file under
> /etc/udev/rules.d

You should avoid renaming devices to ethX, this is racy and especially in recent udev versions it does not work.

You have two options:

1) Rename your devices to something not in the kernel namespace (e.g., lan0, lan1, ... or net0, net1, ...).

or

2) Use the predictable interface names, which is the default in recent versions. This will give you a new set of names (see [0] for details).

HTH,

Tom

[0]: <http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PredictableNetworkInterfaceNames>