How to avoid renaming of network devices (eth5 to eth0, eth6 to eth1, and so on)

Hello,

I am using Ubuntu with udev on a Linux machine

>From time to time it happens that network devices are renamed after boot,
and this is due to udev (I know for sure that the reason for this is
uboot,  because if I delete the udev
network rules file from /etc/udev/rules.d/, and reboot again, this
renaming does not occur).

What I mean more specifically is this:
I boot and I have (when running "ifconfig -a") eth0, eth1, eth2, eth3
(I have 4 network cards).
sometimes after reboot I get with ""ifconfig -a" " the following :
eth6, eth7, eth8, eth9

(I cannot specify at which occasions exactly does it happen, whether
it is as a result of some setting
I change,  etc.)

How can I prevent this renaming of network devices ? Can I somehow prevent
udev renaming of network interfaces totally ?

rgs,
Kevin