modprobe.d question.

I have a module that I want to have installed during the boot process (fbcon) but I can't figure out what the standard practice would be to do it.

I am still using SYSV init as well.

The brute force approach would be to just write a shell script that executes during the boot process.

From what I understand reading docs what adding install fbcon modprobe -v fbcon to a conf file in modprobe.d (say I called it fbcon.conf ) would do is if the hot-plugging needed fbcon it would use fbcon.conf instead.

I am most familiar with debian and there is a file called /etc/modules that lists modules to be installed during boot, but I think the magic of modprobe is not used so the dependencies would not get included.

I am not using a initial ram disk.

This is on a "linux from scratch" like system, but not LFS.

Any corrections or thoughts?

Fred