Re: detection usb camera devices in my own application

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 16:08, Alan Stern <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Jul 2011, Sudarshan Jagadale wrote:

>> there is other way of /sys/bus/usb/device but it is not achivable....since
>> there are lots of direcotry and we need to look for all direcoties with  no
>> ':' and 'usb' name?
>
> If you think that's too hard to program, maybe you can find someone
> else to write the program for you.

Right, it's a couple of lines only, with libudev though. It even can
tell the program when something changes during runtime. There is no
other sensible option really than to copy libudev's sysfs/netlink
logic, or to use libudev, if programs want to be hotplug aware these
days.

Kay