Re: detection usb camera devices in my own application

On Fri, 22 Jul 2011, Sudarshan Jagadale wrote:

> we can not install two camera kernel module at same time....
>
> if logitech QuicCam (ko - uvcvideo) and quanta camera (/uvcvideo.ko) they
> need to install using modprobe uvcvideo and insmode uvcvideo.ko .....if
> first is installed then we nned to remove it usng rmmod to install
> other...else system will give error  of already presnet...

> I get following error if i try second kernel module to install..
>
> *insmod: error inserting '/home/manjiri/uvc_video_2.6.*
>
> *32_21/uvcvideo.ko': -1 File exists*

This looks like you are trying to install the same module twice.  What
makes you think "insmod uvcvideo.ko" is any different from "modprobe
uvcvideo"?

> after long discussion with you it seems that we need to have own kernel
> mdoule to  write the hotplug device detection utility?
>
> there is other way of /sys/bus/usb/device but it is not achivable....since
> there are lots of direcotry and we need to look for all direcoties with  no
> ':' and 'usb' name?

If you think that's too hard to program, maybe you can find someone
else to write the program for you.

Alan Stern