Re: How to use Udev to restrict USB access only to particular set of USB sticks?

A: No.

http://daringfireball.net/2007/07/on_top

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 11:27:14AM +0200, Vilius Benetis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> restrict - means that Linux users (non-root, to simplify the task)
> could be able to access only a particular predefined set of USB
> devices.
>
> Devices:
>   Approved USB A (configured in the system), SN: XXX
>   Not approved USB B (not defined anywhere): SN: YYY
>
> Scenario A:
>    USB A is plugged to the system, USB is allowed to be mounted
> (automatically, or manually) for the users.
>
> Scenario B:
>    USB B is plugged to the system, USB is not allowed to be mounted
> (automatically, or manually) for the users.
>
> Any ideas how to achieve this?

Yes, add a udev rule to not "enable" any usb device that is a mass
storage device that does not fall in your list of "valid" devices.
There is a single sysfs file to write to which would prevent any access
to that device, use that.

Hope this helps,

greg k-h