how to suppress write_net_rules (prevent alteration of my net rules)

Thanks Andrey :

On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 at 21:50:29 Andrey Borzenkov  wrote:

> Either you have really old udev version or your distribution installs
> standard rules under /etc instead of under /lib. In both cases you
> probably need to ask your distro about it.

It is current version but my distro is many times upgraded from the original old one and that file must have remained behind or been restored.     I've now saved it and replaced by Kay's comment-line.

> > Andrey Borzenkov  wrote:
>
> No, it won't.
>
> Just continue to use the same rules for KERNEL != "eth0" as you use now.

Ah -   now I get it  -  add that as an extra rule at the start of the rules to catch the case of which ever device is currently eth0  (if any).  Ok   -   thanks.

John