Proper way to get USB class codes

Hello everybody,
I've got some doubts and problems getting USB class codes via udev and
i'll be very grateful if someone could clarify.

First of all, using udevadm i've realized some usb devices left the
class/subclass/protocol attributes with 00:

    ATTR{bDeviceClass}=="00"
    ATTR{bDeviceSubClass}=="00"
    ATTR{bDeviceProtocol}=="00"

Is that an issue on the usb device itself or an issue on udev reading
usb device/interface descriptor?

Second, i've some doubts about when should I use the
ID_USB_INTERFACES, TYPE or INTERFACE property: in which cases should I
use one or another? Why the TYPE property sometimes appear as 0/0/0
even when the ID_USB_INTERFACES and INTERFACE properties are filled?

Thanks for sharing your thoughs.

--
http://fontanon.org