libudev and /sys/devices/system/cpu

Hi,

I try to access the info stored in /sys/devices/system/cpu to gather information about available CPUs and their architecture ( cache size, levels etc). However, when enumerating over devices and subsystems using  udev_enumerate_scan_devices()  and  udev_enumerate_scan_subsystems() the result list does not contain any entry from /sys/devices/system.

In addition, I tried to get the device using udev_device_new_from_syspath() but this was unsuccessful as well.

What is the best way to read the contents from /sys/devices/system?

Thank you very much in advance,

Martin--