Re: how to generate udv trigger for a specific device ?

Any clue please ?

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 10:17:21 +0530
"J. Bakshi" <j.bakshi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I'm a newbie in udev rules and writing some very specific udev rules for my usb mouse. As per sysfs the mouse is detected as /sys/class/input/input11  and [ udevadm monitor /sys/class/input/input11 ] proves the detection. Now to test my udev rules which execute some action based on add / remove of the mouse, I have to physically add / remove the mouse. And for each and every change in my ruleset I have to do the same. Is there any way to generate the event by udevadm, so that my rules are fired based on the generated event ? I have tried by
>
> ````````````
> udevadm trigger --verbose  --sysname-match=/sys/class/input/input11  action=add
> ``````````````
>
> But no luck. Could anyone please help me to generate the required event with udevadm please ?
> Also interested to know, how to monitor the rules in action when the proper event is generated.
>
> With regards
> J. Bakshi

bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce
bigger and\better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."
     ::::::Richard Cook

Disclaimer : The information contained in this Message is confidential and
intended only for the use of the individual or entity identified. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, any dissemination,
distribution or copying of the information contained in this message is
strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately