Re: Figuring out devnodes from a usb device

On Tue, Aug 03, 2010 at 11:20:41PM +0300, Felipe Balbi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 08/03/2010 10:53 PM, Greg KH wrote:
> > "USBCV"?
>
> USB Command Verifier. The tool used on USB Certification, well of them.

Good luck with that.  We tried to offer something like that many years
ago, but the effort fizzled out when the amount of work required was
determined.  But don't let me stop you from trying :)

> > It's not impossible, just not something you can do without knowing the
> > type of device you are looking at.
>
> as long as I can believe on the USB Descriptors that shouldn't be so
> difficult. Just check device descriptor and interface descriptors to
> figure out which kind of device(s) are we dealing with.

How do you know what a vendor-specific device is doing?  Are you going
to be able to parse the HID descriptors to know what type of input
device(s) are present?

Look at what Kay provided, that will get you what you need.

good luck,

greg k-h