Make an un-device?

Usually people want to know how to make udev recognize
devices. I have a device that is recognized just fine, but
I'd really like to declare it an un-device. I don't
want any /dev/ files created for it, I don't want the
driver loaded unless something else needs it. I want
it to disappear from creation completely.

Can custom udev rules do this?

Specifically, the device is the incredibly annoying fake CD
drive that appears along side my usb hard disk
when I plug it in.