Re: what can make the system to produce more than one udev daemon

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 03:41, belle <belle.shi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> i write a program to receive the udev events,and for some reason(i
> haven't found)my program may die, but i find there is one more udevd
> --daemon are in my system, and i can't receive the udev events,but i
> don't know why, is there anyone who can give me some advices?

There might be hundreds of udevd processes depending on the actual
work, on bootup of a laptop class device, there are ~30 used. The
events are scheduled to these parallel running worker processes. When
stuff settles down, only two of the worker processes are left staying
around, sleeping, so you usually always have at least 3 udevd
processes.

To listen to udev messages you have to use libudev, and "udevadm
monitor" is the code you can start from. You can not use your own code
to receive udev messages, the format of the message is private and
might change any time when needed.

Kay