Re: speed up udev-acl.mk

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 16:54, Martin Pitt <martin.pitt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Martin Pitt [2009-12-21 16:32 +0100]:
>> I thought about providing a special-case implementation of
>> udev_enumerate_scan_devices() which fires when there is only a
>> property match and nothing else. In this case we could just walk
>> /dev/.udev/db (which we have to do anyway to match the properties) and
>> skip the /sys walk.
>
> On second look, we can't reliably/easily map the db to sys paths,
> because of the linked devices in the db.

The db filename can intentionally not be used to find the sysfs
device. There have been external tools who did read the db directly
and we finally needed to stop them doing this. There is still the
major/minor in the db file, which could be used to find the sysfs
device, but it would still break the very same logic if used with
kernel properties instead of udev properties ...

> So let's skip this for now, and I'll rather look into doing some
> smaller optimizations like b73bf332.

Sounds good. Otherwise just go for the /dev/.udev/acl/ subdir. That
should work fine, if the rest can't be made fast enough.

Kay