commit 53842b53820a0f0b2b0ff5b28caf01e3f7e26f22
Author: Erik Forsberg <forsberg@xxxxxxx>
Date:   Thu Jul 23 16:40:25 2009 +0200

    extras/modem-modeswitch: Add Huawei E1550 GSM modem

    What's odd is that this is a huawei modem, not an option modem, so one would
    expect it to work better with usb_modeswitch and it's -H (huawei) mode - but
    that's not the case, I've tested that as well.

    https://launchpad.net/bugs/401655
---------------------
commit 5052297b6a8928d3ccfdd9996b71fdfff8bc8921
Author: Harald Hoyer <harald@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Thu Nov 12 22:17:47 2009 +0100

    modem-modeswitch: add a device
---------------------

modem-modeswitch only supports *Option* devices, not ZTE or Huawei
devices.  I've had a request from a Huawei engineer (Franko Fang) to
remove the rule for their device.  It doesn't matter if the device
appears to work correctly; it's completely the wrong place for eject of
non-Option devices and completely the wrong command sent to the device
if it's not manufactured by Option NV.

All further modem eject stuff should really handled by usb_modeswitch,
not by modem-modeswitch.  I'll follow up with a patch for the rules file
saying that only Option devices should be added, and that usb_modeswitch
is really the right place for this stuff.

Thanks!
Dan