udev and persistent-net.rules

Dear Sirs,

I am sure the question i have is nothing new, but i cannot find an answer on it:

I have many DIY routers having 2 or more NICs and what drives me crazy is udev's stubborn enumeration of NICs to rules or features unknown to me. So, every time after power cycle of after a long uptime and reboot, I get eth0 and eth1 swapped.

Some time ago I just trashed udev as buggy thing, but now too many things relies on it so I want to finally get some ideas on how to for udev to use enumerations I need or how to disable enumeration of NIC by udev to bee free to enumerate them accordind to my needs.

Regards-
Janis Eisaks

P.S. I use Slack64-13