Re: can't seem to ignore a battery

Greg KH wrote:
On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 07:29:39PM +0200, Justin Schoeman wrote:
Huawei has released an update, but our local network provider is showing absolutely no inclination to release an update. I am currently running the Maxis firmware which works with the Linux kernel, but doesn't seem to get 7.2Mbps anymore - I think this may only be available with the 'correct' firmware.

I have chatted to the tech support, and they say 'Sorry we only support Windows'. As far as I know, they have no intention of releasing the update.

Sorry to hear this, you might want to dig around, the firmware is
floating around out there :)

thanks,

greg 'google is your friend' k-h
As I said, I am running the updated firmware, but it does not have the operator specifc extensions for 7.2Mbps support. We will only get this if our network operator ever releases an update.

Anyway, the point I was trying to make is that there are situations when you _really_ want to blacklist a device, and it seems to me that udevd is the ideal place to do it...

Thanks,
Justin