can't seem to ignore a battery

i'm hoping someone can explain why my rule containing an
"ignore_device" option for a power_supply device seems to be
ignored.  some sample output from udevadm test, and udevadm are
available here:  http://pastie.org/695548

(it may be that i simply have a gross misunderstanding about
how udev and its clients interact -- this is as deep as i've
ever delved here.)

background:  this is on the OLPC XO-1.5 laptop.  we have a legacy
battery driver that we need to keep running for a while, a) because
it provides some data that our power analysis scripts rely on,
and b) because we don't yet trust the DSDT code that drives the
ACPI driver.

because of the duplicate battery issue (see question #1 of the
g-p-m FAQ) i'd like hal and devkit to simply ignore the legacy
driver.  i can easily fix hal with an fdi snippet, but haven't
figured out how to do the same with devkit-power.  i assumed
using a udev "ignore_device" option would take care of it, but
that's where i'm having trouble.

paul