Re: License query for libudev in udev-142

On 11/2/09, Soh Kam Yung <sohkamyung@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there any updates on this query?
>
> Does the presence of the #include "udev.h" in the libudev code change
> the LGPL status of libudev in udev-142 or will this be taken care of
> in a future udev release?

Sorry, I thought I had answered the question.  I believe that although
libudev-device-db-write.c is in the "lib" directory, it is not
actually linked into libudev.  You can surely confirm this yourself by
looking at the commands used to build libudev... or by building
libudev on it's own after removing the libudev-device-db-write.c file.

Note that in the current git tree, udev/lib is moved to /libudev, and
there is at least one more "private" file under /libudev which is not
linked into the LGPL library, but which is only used in the GPL'd
daemon.  It looks like they have all been named "libudev-*-private.c".
 Hopefully that should provide a little more clarity of intent.

Regards
Alan