Re: Migrating from static /dev to udev

Hi Alan,
I'm using virtually the same startup script as is used in Ubuntu (attached). It only uses $udevadm trigger, with no arguments. I didn't expect that permissions would be an issue, as this system is running in single user mode.

Mounting /dev as a tmpfs makes perfect sense to me, however I'll have to do some hacking before I can modify that. I have a list of all the devices to be created and placed in /dev already. Currently, it's expanded at compile time, but I should be able to change the target from /dev to /lib/udev/devices.

One additional thing that I need to do while migrating away from a static /dev is to convert our current naming scheme for devices to one which is consistent with the naming that udev uses by default.

Thanks again,
Brendan

Alan Jenkins wrote:
Hi