Re: [security] Race condition in udev

Hi,

[...]
> Or having events not reset already applied ACLs by setting mode/perms.

I'm not all that deep into the code or even the event model of udev, and
I haven't ever used ACLs with devices/udev, but it seems to me that in
order for the system to be easy to understand, either somehow a new set
of permission ought to be applied (which would mean that existing ACLs
should disappear, and only ACLs belonging to the new set of permissions
should be installed) or the current permissions should be retained (in
which case mode and ownership should be left as-is as well, not just the
ACLs)?!

> Or not changing the inode number of the node, and confuse some tools
> for no good reason.

That's not just a hypothetical problem?

After all, that would make it impossible to update permissions on a
device (as identified by its names) atomically, and thus would probably
mean some period of reduced permissions during each permission change.

Florian