[security] Race condition in udev

Hi,

reading some of the source of udev, I noticed what I would suspect to be a
race condition with security implications, namely that device nodes
are first mknod()/chmod()ed with the permission mask that they're supposed
to have at the end, but potentially at this point applying to the
wrong owner and group, before then being chown()ed to the correct
owner and group.

Now, I don't understand why this preservation-stuff (existing device nodes
don't get replaced, but instead their permissions get modified) is being
done, which is why I don't have any patch - but if you help me with
that a bit, maybe I would make up some fix ;-)

Florian