duplicate MAC addresses

Greg KH wrote:

> > That's a bug in your hardware, have you asked your manufacturer to
> > resolve this for you?  That violates the ethernet spec...

I have resolved that problem as of today. I found this was caused
by the software I had been using. If a hardware issue remains, it is moot.

The bonding driver/utilities normally sets the bond address to the MAC of the
first NIC. But it also set the MAC of the slave (eth3) to the MAC of the first
NIC. This persists through reboots so that is how my MACs got duplicated.

Resetting the MAC corrected those problems and everything works fine now.

Marty B.
--
An artist who is forced to work a specific schedule, is no longer
an artist; he is just hired help. Inspiration cannot be purchased.