duplicate MAC addresses

Greg KH wrote:

> > That's a bug in your hardware, have you asked your manufacturer to
> > resolve this for you?  That violates the ethernet spec...

Aha!
if I delete the /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules the
system boots fast but the new rules are borked.
On next boot udev stalls a long time, and renames the duplicate interface.
I removed i2c_smbus module that I didn't need. Not related to issue.

The debug messages indicate some type of hardware issue on south side is
possible. I will try to fix it. I ordered a new daughter board to test this.
If no good I will replace all the hardware without crying. My software will
run on anything, thanks to you guys...

If I can resolve this issue I will document it and forward the results to the
list. (I am not on that list so I can't read anything not sent to me.)

Marty B.

--
An artist who is forced to work a specific schedule, is no longer
an artist; he is just hired help. Inspiration cannot be purchased.