Re: howto get serial number of a tape drive?

Kay> On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 21:56, John Stoffel<john@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Do I need to have
>>>
>>>  Block layer SG support v4 (EXPERIMENTAL)
>>>
>>> enabled on my system to take advantage of all the rules in udev 141
>>> (or newer) these days?  That might explain why I'm not having things
>>> working as I expect.

Kay> Yes, that's what we use since a while.

John> Is it still considered experimental?  We should submit a patch
John> to Linus to change the Kconfig entry to reflect that Udev since
John> version 1XX (?) wants to use this feature.  And we should also
John> mention this prominently in the Udev docs as well.

John> Do you need me to spin up a doc patch for Udev on this?

Heh, this seems to have done the trick now, I get my devices properly
created on reboot.

I think someone needs to put in a patch to Linus to get the
experimental label removed, and the default changed to Y now.

John