Re: howto get serial number of a tape drive?

Kay> On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 21:56, John Stoffel<john@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Do I need to have
>>
>>  Block layer SG support v4 (EXPERIMENTAL)
>>
>> enabled on my system to take advantage of all the rules in udev 141
>> (or newer) these days?  That might explain why I'm not having things
>> working as I expect.

Kay> Yes, that's what we use since a while.

Is it still considered experimental?  We should submit a patch to
Linus to change the Kconfig entry to reflect that Udev since version
1XX (?) wants to use this feature.  And we should also mention this
prominently in the Udev docs as well.

Do you need me to spin up a doc patch for Udev on this?

John