Re: Who mounts sysfs?

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 20:29, Greg KH<greg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 07:06:15PM +0100, Will Newton wrote:

>> Can udev help with this? Have the distros got a standard way of doing
>> this? It sounds slightly complex...
>
> Yes, udev provides a standard way to do this, using 'udevadm trigger'.
>
> Again, look at your desktop's distro's startup scripts for an example of
> this.

That should work fine, if the request is still valid and not timed out.

I guess you either use a kernel module you load later, or you compile
the firmware into the kernel. Having a monolithic kernel and a modular
firmware just doesn't sound right.

Or you "fix" the driver to do a delayed firmware requests, when the
interface is brought up, not when the driver gets initialized, that
seems to work fine for other drivers.

Kay