Re: Add rulesdir to libudev.pc

Hi Kay,

> > I think we should add a rulesdir entry like for example PolicKit does
> > for its policy files. Attached patch does this. Please check if this
> > makes sense to you.
>
> I don't mind, but the rules directory is only interesting for the
> daemon, not the library, you can even specify the location in the udev
> config file, or at daemon startup.

I know, but that is a total different story. For external applications
we need to know at least the default udev rules.d location. If then this
gets overwritten by a command line option, you can't do much about it
anyway.

> The problem is that we can not use prefix, which is /usr. If we use
> udev_prefix, which would be the right value, we get the non-expanded
> value in the pkgconfig file, but because we fake exec_prefix here, we
> are back to the inconsistency Inaky mentioned yesterday. :)
>
> Maybe we should drop that exec_prefix use und invent --slibdir (s like
> in --(s)bindir), which other projects think about to introduce, and we
> would require: --prefix, --libdir=, --slibdir=, --sbindir=
> --sysconf-dir to be specified at configure time? Maybe that's easier
> to handle, I was just waiting what the glib guys plan to use, because
> they have similar problems with configure specifying the rootfs as
> install location.

What about libexecdir since configure has already support for it. Just
base everything of on that one.

Regards

Marcel