Re: Add rulesdir to libudev.pc

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 20:49, Marcel Holtmann <marcel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think we should add a rulesdir entry like for example PolicKit does
> for its policy files. Attached patch does this. Please check if this
> makes sense to you.

I don't mind, but the rules directory is only interesting for the
daemon, not the library, you can even specify the location in the udev
config file, or at daemon startup.

The problem is that we can not use prefix, which is /usr. If we use
udev_prefix, which would be the right value, we get the non-expanded
value in the pkgconfig file, but because we fake exec_prefix here, we
are back to the inconsistency Inaky mentioned yesterday. :)

Maybe we should drop that exec_prefix use und invent --slibdir (s like
in --(s)bindir), which other projects think about to introduce, and we
would require: --prefix, --libdir=, --slibdir=, --sbindir=
--sysconf-dir to be specified at configure time? Maybe that's easier
to handle, I was just waiting what the glib guys plan to use, because
they have similar problems with configure specifying the rootfs as
install location.

Thanks,
Kay