Re: Moving Ubuntu to upstream udev rules

Kay Sievers wrote:
On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 17:03, Kay Sievers <kay.sievers@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I changed some things and pushed it out to git.

Care to check the list again, and collect the remaining things for the
next step? Then we can check with Harald what we can remove or change?

I pushed out more stuff. Here is what I have left from your list, what
we should decide to do with. Care to check, if anything else is
missing?

# is it /devsr0 or /dev/sdc0?
SUBSYSTEM=="block", KERNEL=="sr[0-9]*", NAME="scd%n", SYMLINK+="sr%

scd0, because as stated in:
devices.txt: "The prefix /dev/sr (instead of /dev/scd) has been deprecated."

# rtc in group "audio"?
SUBSYSTEM=="rtc", GROUP="audio"

hmm, we still have no audio group and rtc has nothing to do with audio at all.

# group nvram needed?
nvram GROUP="nvram"

We have no nvram group and nobody complained about it in years :)

# what are the right permissions?
fuse GROUP="666"

MODE=0666 should be ok. It is a user space file system anybody should be able to use.

tty[0-9]* GROUP="600"

with MODE=0600, GROUP=tty would make no sense at all.

Thanks,
Kay