Re: Some rules do not work in udev 131 and 132

Hello, Kay.

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 14:04:28 +0100
"Kay Sievers" <kay.sievers@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]
> > I've upgraded to 2.6.27.5 and rebuild udev 131 to be sure. Same
> > symptoms.
> >
> > It just tries to readlink /sys/block/sdc entries. May be new udev
> > expects some more in kernel options enabled? The trace and kernel
> > config files are attached.
>
> We do not read that attribute at all. You run sysfs in the deprecated
> layout. Any reason for that? Only old distros with new kernels would
> need that.

I guess I've considered it a safe choice during a kernel upgrade at
some point.

> The current layout, which all more recent distros use is
> CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED=n. With the current layout you also get
> /sys/class/block/, which is much easier to handle for udev. You should
> see a warning printed from udev to the kernel log (dmesg) when udev
> starts up.

I was able to unset CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2 from menuconfig, which
disabled invisible CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED too. Now recent udev
versions work with my rulesets. Thanks a lot.

I'm Cc'ing the linux-hotplug to be sure anyone with such a trouble can
find the answer.