uDev - multiple of same device

Hi,

I've searched through the hotplug archives and have not found the
answer I am looking for. However, I have a hard time believing that no
one has done what I am trying to do before. My application requires
that 6 of the same USB to PS2 converters appear in /dev/input/ as
mouse[0-5]. I want to use uDev rules to make this happen.

I've noted that the 7-port hub I am using to connect everything is
simply 2 4-port hubs chained together. As such, I am able to use the
LEVEL= directive to distinguish between the ports on the first hub vs.
the second hub. However, using udevinfo, I have not found a unique and
constant SYSFS attribute that allows further granularity. I know that
I can get port information from /proc/bus/usb/devices, but I still run
into the problem of not having
a SYSFS attribute (or some other uDev directive) to cross reference
with that information.

I've also read that HAL might be a better route for accomplishing what
I am trying to do, but it seems like uDev would work just fine with
the right directives.

Thanks in advance for the assistance,
Chris O'Malley